Vista Premium Turned Cenile!!!

GodZilla

      20th Oct 2008

Yet another update for WinVista Premium...but wait a minute, it's onl
just installed that one!!!

Can someone please help?! Having turned off 'Automatic updates', cos i
was bringing my system to a complete gridlock, I now find that Vista i
suffering from cenile behaviour!

The update in question is, 'Security update for Microsoft XML Cor
Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). Does anyone know of an
recurring problems with this, cos I've downloaded and installed it
times.

Thanks in advance,
Chri

--
GodZilla

MowGreen [MVP]

      20th Oct 2008
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update
or on Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

The repeated reoffering of KB936181 is related to the installed printer
software not allowing a file to be replaced.

First, uninstall KB936181 from Installed Updates, then rename msxml4.dll
from an Elevated Command Prompt in Safe Mode as the printer's software
will not be loading in that mode.
Restart the system to normal Windows mode.
Download the update from here and *save* it. DO NOT attempt to reinstall
the automatically downloaded Version of it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-185639ba2807

Close all open programs and browsers.
Now install msxml4-KB936181-enu.exe by *right* clicking it and choose
'Run as administrator'. Follow the prompts to allow it to run.
Reboot.

See the 'More information about this security update' section here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten