vista is installed now XP

hanhare

      20th Jun 2007
My computer has two SATA harddrives. At the one harddrive Vista is
installed, the other harddrive is empty but formatted NFTTS..

Now I try to install XP at the second drive. But whatever I try, every time
I get the message at startup: "BOOTMGR is missing, press CTR ALT DEL to
restart". Even if I remove the harddrive on which Vista is installed!

Is something changed in the BIOS?

UnswoleLilDude

      20th Jun 2007
Install XP first, then install Vista.

--

MAXIMUMpcguides.com
Helping you get the MOST out of your Vista PC.

--

"hanhare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46796133$0$25496$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer has two SATA harddrives. At the one harddrive Vista is
> installed, the other harddrive is empty but formatted NFTTS..
>
> Now I try to install XP at the second drive. But whatever I try, every
> time I get the message at startup: "BOOTMGR is missing, press CTR ALT DEL
> to restart". Even if I remove the harddrive on which Vista is installed!
>
> Is something changed in the BIOS?

Peter

      20th Jun 2007
One should always install the systems in ascending order, i.e. oldest system
first.

However there are ways of getting around it. See:
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/vi...c.php?p=607987
and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529 also
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...ter-vista.html

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"hanhare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46796133$0$25496$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer has two SATA harddrives. At the one harddrive Vista is
> installed, the other harddrive is empty but formatted NFTTS..
>
> Now I try to install XP at the second drive. But whatever I try, every
> time I get the message at startup: "BOOTMGR is missing, press CTR ALT DEL
> to restart". Even if I remove the harddrive on which Vista is installed!
>
> Is something changed in the BIOS?

andy

      20th Jun 2007
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:17:19 +0200, "hanhare" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My computer has two SATA harddrives. At the one harddrive Vista is
>installed, the other harddrive is empty but formatted NFTTS..
>
>Now I try to install XP at the second drive. But whatever I try, every time
>I get the message at startup: "BOOTMGR is missing, press CTR ALT DEL to
>restart". Even if I remove the harddrive on which Vista is installed!

Sounds like you're booting from the hard drive, which has the Vista
boot sector that's looking for bootmgr.