vista full backup fails with a vss error.

Joe Letter

      7th Jan 2008
Occasionally when I try to perform a full backup in vista it fails. I get a
vss error. Rebooting gets it to work again, but given a week or two it
comes back. What can be done?

Thanks!
Joe.

Joe Letter

      9th Jan 2008
The error I get is :

Failed to create the shared protection point on the source volumes.
(0x8078006b)

and additional info:

The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the
specified operation. (0x8004230F)

Thanks!
Joe

"Joe Letter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Occasionally when I try to perform a full backup in vista it fails. I get
> a vss error. Rebooting gets it to work again, but given a week or two it
> comes back. What can be done?
>

> Thanks!
> Joe.

Christine [MSFT]

      1st Feb 2008
Hi Joe,

Could you post your problem on the form on this page:
http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/contact.aspx
so it would get to the right folks?

Thanks,
--
Christine Fok, Program Manager, Storage Solution Division