Visitor's pass / badge app

Sriram N A \(MICO/PJ-SAP-PP\) *

      7th Jun 2004
Are there any Outlook-based apps out there which use the appointment
mechanism to manage visitors to the works / premises? Something that should
take care of notifying say the security gate and printing out the visitor's
pass...

Rob Schneider

      14th Jun 2004
Does it really have to be Outlook-based? Don't need Outlook if all you
aer doing is using it to send email. Plenty of apps not based on
outlook like that out there, based on how many I know see at receptions
of companies I visit. It's probably better *not* to rely upon Outlook.

rms

Sriram N A (MICO/PJ-SAP-PP) * wrote:
> Are there any Outlook-based apps out there which use the appointment
> mechanism to manage visitors to the works / premises? Something that should
> take care of notifying say the security gate and printing out the visitor's
> pass...

Sriram

      14th Jun 2004
Well, the reception / security gate could get most of the necessary
information if they are cc.ed the appointment from Outlook, which already
has most of the necessary information. All it should take is some printing
functionality to make it usable.

"Rob Schneider" <rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does it really have to be Outlook-based? Don't need Outlook if all you
> aer doing is using it to send email. Plenty of apps not based on
> outlook like that out there, based on how many I know see at receptions
> of companies I visit. It's probably better *not* to rely upon Outlook.

> Sriram N A (MICO/PJ-SAP-PP) * wrote:
> > Are there any Outlook-based apps out there which use the appointment
> > mechanism to manage visitors to the works / premises? Something that

should
> > take care of notifying say the security gate and printing out the

visitor's
> > pass...

msnews.microsoft.com

      6th Aug 2004
Hello Sriram, do you need photo support for the badge creation?

We are currently completing development with alpha testing scheduled early
September for WS:Reception for Outlook Addin that performs the following.

WS:Reception Invite Creation
o The host creates a WS:Reception Invite from a new option in the Outlook
application
o When WS:Reception invite is created, this can be addressed as per normal
Outlook item with default recipients (assumed reception and/or security) set
through a configuration option on the Tools/Options menu WS:Reception tab
dialogue.
o The WS:Reception invite contains details on each recipient. This can be
taken from the hosts invitation or selected from a contacts list. If a
contact does not exist or is incomplete then an Outlook Contact is
created/updated and the Host is requested to enter Name and Company details
if not present.

Reception printing
o When visitor arrives, receptionist accesses the WS:Reception Invite,
selects the visitors entry and a visitor label is printed with the following
details.
o Visitors' Name
o Visitors' Company
o Host Name
o Arrival Date
o Arrival Time

When the Visitor leaves, the receptionist may select the contacts details
and mark the visitor as leaving.

Reporting:
In addition to printing the visitor's label, release 1 will include the
option to print report showing users still present in the building to aid
evacuation procedures. This will contain the visitor name, host, location
and time arrived.

Planned functionality for version 1.1 scheduled for end calendar year,
includes functionality to design visitor label, digicam support to include
visitors picture on label.

Costs have yet to be finalised but will be similar to the costs of our
existing WS:Addins that can be found at www.Websetters.co.uk.

Please advise if you would like to be kept informed of development and if
interested in participating in our beta roll-out for this product.

Any questions then please contact us through our website or through this
forum. Would also be interested in any comments on the functionality that
may allow us to consider your needs during the final development phase.

Regards
Graeme
Websetters - home of the WS:Outlook AddIn
the only limits are those of vision...
www.websetters.co.uk

news:cajp2j$247$(E-Mail Removed)...