Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low

Margy

      18th Jan 2009
Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive space.

After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low
message still comes up continutally.

Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.
--
Margy
KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Shenan Stanley

      18th Jan 2009
Margy wrote:
> Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive
> space.
>
> After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory
> Minimum Too Low message still comes up continutally.
>
> Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.

- Windows XP what? (Version and Service Pack level at least, please.)
(Start button --> RUN --> winver --> OK)

- What Antivirus application?

- What does Task Manager show in terms of processes?

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Margy

      18th Jan 2009
Thanks for Advice.
They are using Bitware Antivirus. I think that is the name of it - I can
confirm tomorrow.
Have not looked at Task Manager processes. I will do that.
--
Margy

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Margy wrote:
> > Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive
> > space.
> >
> > After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory
> > Minimum Too Low message still comes up continutally.
> >
> > Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.

> - Windows XP what? (Version and Service Pack level at least, please.)
> (Start button --> RUN --> winver --> OK)
>
> - What Antivirus application?
>
> - What does Task Manager show in terms of processes?
>
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
> whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
> if you wish.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Jim

      18th Jan 2009

"Margy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive space.
>
> After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory Minimum Too
> Low
> message still comes up continutally.
>
> Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.
> --
> Margy
> KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Taken at face value, the message means that the minimum size of the pagefile
which you specified when you setup XP is too small. It is hard for me to
see how this condition could be serious unless the minimum size = maximum
size and both are too small.
You should change the pagefile setting to "System Managed".
Jim

Margy

      18th Jan 2009
Thank you so much Jim. I so appreciate the advice of this wonderful knowledge
base. Looking forward to trying out all the wonderful advice when I next call
on that person.
--
Margy