view folder -type

NewsReader

      17th Dec 2007
When I view a folder in windows explorer, I don't see the 'type' column
correctly, instead I see gibberish.

But, when I cut and past the same image, it all looks ok? What would this
be?

Carl

Elmo

      17th Dec 2007
NewsReader wrote:
> When I view a folder in Windows Explorer, I don't see the 'type' column
> correctly, instead I see gibberish.
>
> But, when I cut and paste the same image, it all looks ok. What would this
> be?

Perhaps a problem with your graphics card.. Run DXDiag and see if it
complains of uncertified drivers; try lowering graphics hardware
acceleration, etc.. Also look at the computer manufacturer site and the
graphics card manufacturer site for different drivers.

See if there's a BIOS upgrade for your system. Look at the
manufacturer's site, Compaq, PB, etc., and also at the motherboard
manufacturer's site.

A simpler test: Try lowering graphics hardware acceleration slide. You
can lower graphics hardware acceleration in Display Properties, Settings
tab, Advanced button, Troubleshooting tab. If this helps, you probably
need a different graphics card or drivers.

--
Joe =o)