View all references in a list

Rico Hansen

      12th Nov 2003
Hi NG!

Does anyone know how to view all references in a listbox the same way when
clicking the "add reference"?
When clicking "add references" it's shown in a listview with Component name,
version and path but how do I do it the same way?

I my solution, I want to do it exactly the same way.

/Rico

Mattias Sjögren

      12th Nov 2003
Rico,

>Does anyone know how to view all references in a listbox the same way when
>clicking the "add reference"?

What kind of references? Managed assemblies, COM components or perhaps
both?

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Rico Hansen

      13th Nov 2003
Hi Mattias,

I want to see them both, but I don't know much about the managed assemblies
isn't they just located as files?
COM components is what I want to get a list of at first, but if it's
possible to show managed assemblies and COM components it will be perfect..

Looking forward to read your answer.
/Rico

"Mattias Sjögren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rico,
>
> >Does anyone know how to view all references in a listbox the same way

when
> >clicking the "add reference"?

> What kind of references? Managed assemblies, COM components or perhaps
> both?
>

> Mattias
>
> --
> Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
> Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Mattias Sjögren

      19th Nov 2003
Rico,

>I want to see them both, but I don't know much about the managed assemblies
>isn't they just located as files?
>COM components is what I want to get a list of at first, but if it's
>possible to show managed assemblies and COM components it will be perfect..

To list the COM components, you basicly have to enumerate the subkeys
of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib in the Registry and get information about
each registered typelib.

The .NET tab lists assemblies in the framework directory
(%WINDIR&\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vx.y.zzzz), and any assemblies in
additional folders you specify in the Registry. See

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306149

Mattias