Video options

Chris Watts

      9th Jul 2008
What are the practical differences between Insert Object (Video Clip) and
Insert Video from file. Especially in respect of creating the presentation
on one machine and running it on another one with perhaps a different
version of ppt - even one time I was given a Mac.

Up until now I have been using the latter with wmv files. They work fine
but avoiding path-length issues is a bit of a pain!
The Insert Object allows me to use avi files - and that saves the pain of
conversion.

I use PPT2000 under XP to create the presentations

Austin Myers

      9th Jul 2008
The difference is that when you insert it as an object you are calling the
associated media player for playback instead of the native player in PPT.

Austin Myers
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team

Creator of PFCPro, PFCMedia and PFCExpress
http://www.playsforcertain.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...