PC Review

Video Display Adapter Problem

4th Sep 2010
I have been having a problem with a flickering screen. Somebody on a help forum suggested uninstalling the display adapter then rebooting so that Windows would re-install it. I did this, but when I rebooted it the adapter wasn't re-installed, instead I found that I had the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. My computer is now very slow and the display is blocky and the icons and text very large.

How can I re-install my adapter (Intel (R) GMA 946GZ Express Chipset Family)? I have googled the adaptor but so far have not had much luck.

4th Sep 2010
OK first of all you need to provide us with Brand and model of your laptop. This chipset is used in a few versions so simply guessing wont help. Different vendors will use their own settings so being a little more specific will help us, help you.

I found lots on that particular chipset, but was unable to go any further because make and model was not available

4th Sep 2010
I was eventually able to download the Intel (R) GMA 946GZ Express Chipset Family driver and everything is now back to normal. Also the monitor no longer flickers.

4th Sep 2010
Good job!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: