Vertical Line in Margin Word 2007

efredian

      18th Mar 2009
I have picked up a strange vertical line, about one point and line height, in
the left margin of my document. This probably originated when copying an
address from the web.

I've been through all of the formatting areas, reveal, etc. and can't see
any trace of what's causing the line to appear. I've tried Format Painter
from a line that doesn't have the vertical line and it correctly formats the
text, but the vertical line remains.

How do I get rid of this?

Beyond reveal formating, is there any way to see what the 'source' has in
it, like 'View Source' in IE?

Idaho Word Man

      18th Mar 2009
Are you sure it's not a side bar from a tracked change? Try accepting all
tracked changes.

Fred

"efredian" wrote:

> I have picked up a strange vertical line, about one point and line height, in
> the left margin of my document. This probably originated when copying an
> address from the web.
>
> I've been through all of the formatting areas, reveal, etc. and can't see
> any trace of what's causing the line to appear. I've tried Format Painter
> from a line that doesn't have the vertical line and it correctly formats the
> text, but the vertical line remains.
>
> How do I get rid of this?
>
> Beyond reveal formating, is there any way to see what the 'source' has in
> it, like 'View Source' in IE?

efredian

      23rd Mar 2009
Thanks, Idaho Word Man.

I didn't realize that if you copy and paste the review status sticks with
the copied text.

Again, thanks a lot!
Ed

efredian

      23rd Mar 2009
That's it. I didn't realize that if you copy and paste the review status
stays with the paste.

Thanks very much!