VBA---Tools--References automatic

Denys

      3rd Oct 2007
Good day everyone,

Is it possible through VBA in the Workbook open to add an instruction
in order to make sure that the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" is
entered..

In the VBA window, you must click on Tools, then References and then
click on the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"

I'd like this to be automated..... I tried:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
VB(References("Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library")).Installed
= True

Does not work... Also played around with the paranthesis.... Did not
work either...

If someone knows, I would appreciate.

Thanks for your time

Denys

Bob Phillips

      3rd Oct 2007
XL2000: How to Programmatically Create a Reference

--
HTH

Bob

"Denys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day everyone,
>
> Is it possible through VBA in the Workbook open to add an instruction
> in order to make sure that the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" is
> entered..
>
> In the VBA window, you must click on Tools, then References and then
> click on the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"
>
> I'd like this to be automated..... I tried:
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> VB(References("Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library")).Installed
> = True
>
> Does not work... Also played around with the paranthesis.... Did not
> work either...
>
> If someone knows, I would appreciate.
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Denys

Roger Whitehead

      3rd Oct 2007
Watch for the word wrap -

With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References
.AddFromFile ("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSForms.TWD")
End with

'Cant be sure if that's the correct ref though...

--
---
HTH

"Denys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day everyone,
>
> Is it possible through VBA in the Workbook open to add an instruction
> in order to make sure that the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" is
> entered..
>
> In the VBA window, you must click on Tools, then References and then
> click on the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"
>
> I'd like this to be automated..... I tried:
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> VB(References("Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library")).Installed
> = True
>
> Does not work... Also played around with the paranthesis.... Did not
> work either...
>
> If someone knows, I would appreciate.
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Denys

Peter T

      3rd Oct 2007
One more, the example is generic so adapt to add the reference to
ThisWorkbook in the open event.

Sub test()
Dim wb as Workbook
Dim objRef As Object ' Reference

Set wb = Workbooks("Book5") ' change

With wb.VBProject.References
On Error Resume Next
Set objRef = .Item("MSForms")
On Error GoTo 0
If objRef Is Nothing Then
Set objRef = .AddFromGuid("{0D452EE1-E08F-101A-852E-02608C4D0BB4}", 0, 0)
End If
End With

' MsgBox objRef.Name
End Sub

I can't think why you would ever need to do this as the reference is saved
with the workbook. If you have programmatically added code to some other
workbook, then add the reference at the same time.

Regards,
Peter T

"Denys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day everyone,
>
> Is it possible through VBA in the Workbook open to add an instruction
> in order to make sure that the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" is
> entered..
>
> In the VBA window, you must click on Tools, then References and then
> click on the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"
>
> I'd like this to be automated..... I tried:
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> VB(References("Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library")).Installed
> = True
>
> Does not work... Also played around with the paranthesis.... Did not
> work either...
>
> If someone knows, I would appreciate.
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Denys

Denys

      3rd Oct 2007
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you very much for your time. Peter T, your solution is perfect
works like a charm !!!!

Have a nice day ..

Denys