vba to crop a picture

Southern at Heart

      27th Mar 2010
Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?

Tom van Stiphout

      27th Mar 2010
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:16:04 -0700, Southern at Heart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Not without a graphic library. Such third-party tool would have a help
file documenting how to do this.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
>located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?

Southern at Heart

      27th Mar 2010
....I can do it manually with Microsoft Picture Manager. Is there a way to
call that program in vba?

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:16:04 -0700, Southern at Heart
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Not without a graphic library. Such third-party tool would have a help
> file documenting how to do this.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
> >located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?
> >

> .

Tom van Stiphout

      27th Mar 2010
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:35:01 -0700, Southern at Heart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Not that I know of. Many programs don't expose an Automation
interface.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>...I can do it manually with Microsoft Picture Manager. Is there a way to
>call that program in vba?
>
>"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:16:04 -0700, Southern at Heart
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Not without a graphic library. Such third-party tool would have a help
>> file documenting how to do this.
>>
>> -Tom.
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>

>> >Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
>> >located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?
>> >

>> .

Jack Leach

      27th Mar 2010
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

I've never used it (have peeked, looks cool and quite useful), but I see
this recommended often. You can programmatically edit pictures in VBA by
shelling out commands. There's tons of help and discussion scattered across
google for various topics (while searching for the site Resize was the second
popdown in the list).

hth

--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Southern at Heart" wrote:

> Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
> located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?

New Member

      6th Apr 2011
Yes, you can, directly in code.

Check out the following: