Value match with an array

Manjunath

      7th Jun 2012
Hey All,

I have a value which i want to compare with an array, if we are using lookup function when the value provided is not matching the value's in array, it will select the lowest/nearest value in array.

I want it to select the next highest value in array

Kindly provide a solution.

isabelle

      7th Jun 2012
hi Manjunath,

look of the result of those two formulas

=INDEX({2,4,6,8},MATCH(3,{2,4,6,8},1))

=INDEX({8,6,4,2},MATCH(3,{8,6,4,2},-1))

--
isabelle