Util to allow access to shared calendar

David Veale

      24th Mar 2004
At my last job we used Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002 to set up shared
calendars for the company using a simple shared calendar sample app that we
found somewhere on the MS website (that I can't find anymore).

One of the issues with the shared calendar was that Outlook displayed a
security warning when someone tried to access someone elses calendar. The
user needed to dismiss the warning message box which said something about
allowing the other user access and it set a time limit for how long to allow
access (up to 10 minutes I think was the maximum).

To get around the warning and suppress the message box we downloaded a
little utility from somewhere that would automatically answer "yes" (allow
access) whenever that message box appeared. It was a little EXE that ran
down in the system tray and worked great. I need to find that utility again
but I don't remember where I found it or what it was called. Does anybody
know what I'm talking about and where to find it?

Thanks!

David

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      24th Mar 2004
You're thinking of Express ClickYes. There's a link for it at
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec . Note that using it
makes you vulnerable to a virus harvesting your address book.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

news:(E-Mail Removed)...