Using Word on a widescreen monitor

LorinSS

      7th Aug 2008

How do I move the current page I am working on to be in the center of a
widescreen monitor, instead of over to the left of the screen, leaving a big
blank spot on the majority of the screen?
Thanks.

macropod

      7th Aug 2008
Hi Lorin,

Changing the document zoom factor to more than 75% to do it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"LorinSS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I move the current page I am working on to be in the center of a
> widescreen monitor, instead of over to the left of the screen, leaving a big
> blank spot on the majority of the screen?
> Thanks.

Terry Farrell

      7th Aug 2008
It really depends on the size of your monitor!

My standard monitor is a 22" WS. The page is left 'shifted' up to 99%: at
100% it centres.

OTOH, my son has a 20" WS monitor and that centres at 90%.

Terry Farrell

"macropod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23ahMxUE%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Lorin,
>
> Changing the document zoom factor to more than 75% to do it.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [MVP - Microsoft Word]
>

> "LorinSS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I move the current page I am working on to be in the center of a
>> widescreen monitor, instead of over to the left of the screen, leaving a
>> big blank spot on the majority of the screen?
>> Thanks.

macropod

      7th Aug 2008
Hmm,

My WS monitor centers at anything over 75%. Maybe its a driver/resolution thing.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Terry Farrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e0ledYK%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It really depends on the size of your monitor!
>
> My standard monitor is a 22" WS. The page is left 'shifted' up to 99%: at
> 100% it centres.
>
> OTOH, my son has a 20" WS monitor and that centres at 90%.
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> "macropod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23ahMxUE%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Lorin,
>>
>> Changing the document zoom factor to more than 75% to do it.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [MVP - Microsoft Word]
>>

>> "LorinSS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do I move the current page I am working on to be in the center of a
>>> widescreen monitor, instead of over to the left of the screen, leaving a
>>> big blank spot on the majority of the screen?
>>> Thanks.

Terry Farrell

      8th Aug 2008
That could be too. It's obviously not consistent.

Terry

news:%237mn3tN%(E-Mail Removed)...