Using Visio InterOp in VB.Net - Loading Visio silently

Dean Richardson

      31st Jul 2007
Hello,

I am having problems loading the visio application silently. When I
load word in the background in VB.NET, it remains hidden and the user
doesn't know its loaded.

However, when I load Visio in the background, the window pops up and
then disappears. Is this a fault with the visio interop libraries, or
can this be fixed?

At the moment, I am using the same code that opens word to open visio.

Is there a better way to open visio in VB.NET?

Thanks in Advance.

Dean

RobinS

      20th Aug 2007
It might be easier to help you if you post the code you are using.

Robin S.
---------------------------------
"Dean Richardson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems loading the visio application silently. When I
> load word in the background in VB.NET, it remains hidden and the user
> doesn't know its loaded.
>
> However, when I load Visio in the background, the window pops up and
> then disappears. Is this a fault with the visio interop libraries, or
> can this be fixed?
>
> At the moment, I am using the same code that opens word to open visio.
>
> Is there a better way to open visio in VB.NET?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Dean

New Member

      11th May 2011
I've the same problem
I'd like to create a Visio Document silently but Visio is opened!!!

This is my code:

Dim vApp As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application
Dim vDoc As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Document
vApp = New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.Application
vDoc = vApp.Documents.Add("")
vDoc.SaveAs("c:\temp\Item1.vsd")
vDoc.Close()
vApp.Quit()