Using SendObject to send a filtered form

Anthony

      16th Oct 2008
I searched the Discussions but can't find anything that directly addresses my
issue. This is a fairly complicated issue but I know someone will be able to
help me.

I have a form (form_A) that has an embedded subform (sub_form_A). I would
like to use SendObject to send what is in the subform, not the main form.
SendObject allows you to send a form, which I am able to do. However, it is
sending EVERY record in the table that the subform is bound to. I would like
to only send the filtered data on the form. It is a listing of projects by
user. One user may have 10 projects, another 5, another 20. The subform
properly displays all the projects associated with that user, but when I do a
SendObject with a "acFormatXLS", it creates a spreadsheet with every record
in the table that sub_form_A is bound to.
the Main form's (form_A) only control is used to display the user . This
control is then used to filter the subform. BTW: If I SendObject the Main
form, it only sends that user's name, though there are about 50 users in the
table. So, SendObject on the main form works correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel Pineault

      16th Oct 2008
One approach would be to create a report that return the sub-form values and
e-mail a pdf of it (You can use lebans Report2PDF to generate the PDF file
see http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm) .
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Anthony" wrote:

> I searched the Discussions but can't find anything that directly addresses my
> issue. This is a fairly complicated issue but I know someone will be able to
> help me.
>
> I have a form (form_A) that has an embedded subform (sub_form_A). I would
> like to use SendObject to send what is in the subform, not the main form.
> SendObject allows you to send a form, which I am able to do. However, it is
> sending EVERY record in the table that the subform is bound to. I would like
> to only send the filtered data on the form. It is a listing of projects by
> user. One user may have 10 projects, another 5, another 20. The subform
> properly displays all the projects associated with that user, but when I do a
> SendObject with a "acFormatXLS", it creates a spreadsheet with every record
> in the table that sub_form_A is bound to.
> the Main form's (form_A) only control is used to display the user . This
> control is then used to filter the subform. BTW: If I SendObject the Main
> form, it only sends that user's name, though there are about 50 users in the
> table. So, SendObject on the main form works correctly.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Anthony

      16th Oct 2008
Thanks for your response. I was wanting to send it in XLS format and I read
in these discussions that Access will not allow a report to be sent in XLS
format. Also, since I wanted XLS format, I didn't want to bother with
report formatting.

"Daniel Pineault" wrote:

> One approach would be to create a report that return the sub-form values and
> e-mail a pdf of it (You can use lebans Report2PDF to generate the PDF file
> see http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm) .
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel Pineault
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
>

> "Anthony" wrote:
>
> > I searched the Discussions but can't find anything that directly addresses my
> > issue. This is a fairly complicated issue but I know someone will be able to
> > help me.
> >
> > I have a form (form_A) that has an embedded subform (sub_form_A). I would
> > like to use SendObject to send what is in the subform, not the main form.
> > SendObject allows you to send a form, which I am able to do. However, it is
> > sending EVERY record in the table that the subform is bound to. I would like
> > to only send the filtered data on the form. It is a listing of projects by
> > user. One user may have 10 projects, another 5, another 20. The subform
> > properly displays all the projects associated with that user, but when I do a
> > SendObject with a "acFormatXLS", it creates a spreadsheet with every record
> > in the table that sub_form_A is bound to.
> > the Main form's (form_A) only control is used to display the user . This
> > control is then used to filter the subform. BTW: If I SendObject the Main
> > form, it only sends that user's name, though there are about 50 users in the
> > table. So, SendObject on the main form works correctly.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel Pineault

      16th Oct 2008
How about using Excel automation to create a new excel file with the sub-form
data and e-mail it as your e-mail attachment. For a starting point in
exporting the data you could look at
http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/3563671
--

"Anthony" wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I was wanting to send it in XLS format and I read
> in these discussions that Access will not allow a report to be sent in XLS
> format. Also, since I wanted XLS format, I didn't want to bother with
> report formatting.
>
> "Daniel Pineault" wrote:
>
> > One approach would be to create a report that return the sub-form values and
> > e-mail a pdf of it (You can use lebans Report2PDF to generate the PDF file
> > see http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm) .
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Daniel Pineault
> > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
> > For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
> > Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.
> >

> > "Anthony" wrote:
> >
> > > I searched the Discussions but can't find anything that directly addresses my
> > > issue. This is a fairly complicated issue but I know someone will be able to
> > > help me.
> > >
> > > I have a form (form_A) that has an embedded subform (sub_form_A). I would
> > > like to use SendObject to send what is in the subform, not the main form.
> > > SendObject allows you to send a form, which I am able to do. However, it is
> > > sending EVERY record in the table that the subform is bound to. I would like
> > > to only send the filtered data on the form. It is a listing of projects by
> > > user. One user may have 10 projects, another 5, another 20. The subform
> > > properly displays all the projects associated with that user, but when I do a
> > > SendObject with a "acFormatXLS", it creates a spreadsheet with every record
> > > in the table that sub_form_A is bound to.
> > > the Main form's (form_A) only control is used to display the user . This
> > > control is then used to filter the subform. BTW: If I SendObject the Main
> > > form, it only sends that user's name, though there are about 50 users in the
> > > table. So, SendObject on the main form works correctly.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.

Access Developer

      11th Jun 2012
Oh, me, oh, my, Norbert. That's a really timely response... only 3 1/2
years after the question. Pardon me if I <GIGGLE> at the idea that the
original poster is still hanging around waiting for an answer.

But, I suppose someone who has a product that only does the same as a little
code to create some SQL to use in an export has to take advantage of every
opportunity to flog his add-in.

--
Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

"Norbert Limbersky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK there no command or method in Access that would export only those
> records of embedded subform that are related to current record of main
> form.
>
> Nevertheless, you can easy do this with use of Access ad-in 'A2EE.mda'.
>
> This add-in has been specially developed for this kind of job.
> It will export only those records of subform that are related to current
> record of main form.
>
> The add-in has it's own user interface and many controls that setup how
> will the export look like.
>
> You may find more on:
> http://www.limbersti.cz/A2EE/
>
> Hope this helps
> Norbert
>

>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:32 PM Anthon wrote:

>> I searched the Discussions but can't find anything that directly
>> addresses my
>> issue. This is a fairly complicated issue but I know someone will be able
>> help me.
>>
>> I have a form (form_A) that has an embedded subform (sub_form_A). I
>> would
>> like to use SendObject to send what is in the subform, not the main form.
>> SendObject allows you to send a form, which I am able to do. However, it
>> is
>> sending EVERY record in the table that the subform is bound to. I would
>> like
>> to only send the filtered data on the form. It is a listing of projects
>> by
>> user. One user may have 10 projects, another 5, another 20. The
>> subform
>> properly displays all the projects associated with that user, but when I
>> do a
>> SendObject with a "acFormatXLS", it creates a spreadsheet with every
>> record
>> in the table that sub_form_A is bound to.
>> the Main form's (form_A) only control is used to display the user . This
>> control is then used to filter the subform. BTW: If I SendObject the
>> Main
>> form, it only sends that user's name, though there are about 50 users in
>> the
>> table. So, SendObject on the main form works correctly.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

>>> On Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:53 PM DanielPineaul wrote:

>>> One approach would be to create a report that return the sub-form values
>>> and
>>> e-mail a pdf of it (You can use lebans Report2PDF to generate the PDF
>>> file
>>> see http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm) .
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Daniel Pineault
>>> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/
>>> For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net
>>> Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful.

Access Developer

      26th Jul 2012
Sorry, Norbert. I don't do business with newsgroup spammers. Niether do most
other participants here.

And, if your original summary accurately describes what your product does, I
can, and would rather, write the VBA code to accomplish the same purpose;
then if something changed, I would easily be able to revise my VBA code to
accomodate the change.