using notepad to edit a batch file

Sul@MS_NewsServer

      6th Sep 2009
I use notepad to create a batch file and save it as test.bat
when I right click on the test.bat, I get a blank page
what's the fix? tia

--
Dual Boot WinXP Pro SP3 with Windows 7

JS

      6th Sep 2009
Try running it from a command prompt.

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"Sul@MS_NewsServer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ejpq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use notepad to create a batch file and save it as test.bat
> when I right click on the test.bat, I get a blank page
> what's the fix? tia
>
> --
> Dual Boot WinXP Pro SP3 with Windows 7

Sul@MS_NewsServer

      6th Sep 2009
The name of the file is extractchromium.bat
and contains the following
PATH=%PATH%;"C:\Program Files\7-Zip"
CD /D "%userprofile%\desktop"
FOR %X IN (*.zip) DO 7z.exe x -aoa -o"%userprofile%\desktop\" "%X"

C:\Documents and Settings\username\desktop>extractchromium
'ŠP' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

"JS" <@> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try running it from a command prompt.
>
> --
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>

> "Sul@MS_NewsServer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ejpq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I use notepad to create a batch file and save it as test.bat
>> when I right click on the test.bat, I get a blank page
>> what's the fix? tia
>>
>> --
>> Dual Boot WinXP Pro SP3 with Windows 7

VanguardLH

      6th Sep 2009
Sul@MS_NewsServer wrote:

> FOR %X IN (*.zip) DO 7z.exe x -aoa -o"%userprofile%\desktop\" "%X"

Double up on the percentage signs. One is okay when running from the
command prompt to use a variable but you need 2 inside the batch file.
You want to use a variable, not the value of the variable (defined in
whatever shell loaded that .bat file).