Using multiple "words" in an advance find in Outlook

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0TWF0?=

      17th May 2006
I use MS Outlook 2002 and I am trying to use mutliple words either in an
inclusion and/or exclusion basis (i.e "and" / "or"), in the advance find
field "Search for the words" but I do not believe it is not rending the
proper result.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      17th May 2006
Try entering this in the box for the text:

red or green or blue

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"PatMat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use MS Outlook 2002 and I am trying to use mutliple words either in an
> inclusion and/or exclusion basis (i.e "and" / "or"), in the advance find
> field "Search for the words" but I do not believe it is not rending the
> proper result.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0TWF0?=

      17th May 2006
That did not help, I believe using the word "or" or "and" has the effect of
selecting all emails since the word "or" and "and" appears in most emails.

Pat

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Try entering this in the box for the text:
>
> red or green or blue
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
> and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "PatMat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I use MS Outlook 2002 and I am trying to use mutliple words either in an
> > inclusion and/or exclusion basis (i.e "and" / "or"), in the advance find
> > field "Search for the words" but I do not believe it is not rending the
> > proper result.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      17th May 2006
Doesn't work that way here. Can you give us an example from your own data to try?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"PatMat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That did not help, I believe using the word "or" or "and" has the effect of
> selecting all emails since the word "or" and "and" appears in most emails.
>
> Pat
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Try entering this in the box for the text:
>>
>> red or green or blue

>> "PatMat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I use MS Outlook 2002 and I am trying to use mutliple words either in an
>> > inclusion and/or exclusion basis (i.e "and" / "or"), in the advance find
>> > field "Search for the words" but I do not believe it is not rending the
>> > proper result.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0TWF0?=

      17th May 2006
Sue, that's easy, I am using the words "Quest" and "Large", since I only want
emails with an individual's name of Large and Quest because that's the
company he works for. Just using Large will give me too many results since
large is a common word and I don't just want emails with Quest since I deal
with many people from Quest. Hopefully that helps.
Thanks, Pat

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Doesn't work that way here. Can you give us an example from your own data to try?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
> and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "PatMat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > That did not help, I believe using the word "or" or "and" has the effect of
> > selecting all emails since the word "or" and "and" appears in most emails.
> >
> > Pat
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Try entering this in the box for the text:
> >>
> >> red or green or blue

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      23rd May 2006
So, you want to use and, not or. Put this in Advanced Find:

large and quest