using local machine resources over TS

=?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

      2nd Sep 2005
Hi All,

My application which is a desktop exe is being used over Terminal services.

The development environment of the application is

.NET 1.1 framework
VB.NET
using Not touch Deployment.
sql server 2000 database
server OS : windows 2003 server
Client machines: windows 2000\ XP

All features of the application work successfully over TS except for Email.
All users have OUTLOOK installed on there local machine. When the application
was being run straight from the desktop( and not over TS),the user clicks on
the email button and the application generates a crsytal report behind the
screens, saves it as a file, then creates an outlook object in context with
OUTLOOK running on there machinens, appends the file as an attachments and
opens it in a NEW EMAIL window which seems totally integrated with outlook to
the user. All the user has to do is enter a TO email address ( which they
select from there Contact in outlook) and hit on send and the attached file
is send out in email.

I want to have this same behavior of the application when i am running over
TS. Is there any way that when the user clicks on EMAIL in the application
over TS i can still invoke a NEW MAIL WINDOW in context with OUTLOOK running
on the client machine ( just like how i mentioend above). With my experience
working with TS i know this is not possible, but i am thinking of any new
plug-ins that might be out there that i am not aware of which might do the
job or if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

thanks

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lvIE9ydGl6?=

      7th Sep 2005
I am looking for the same functionality. Clients connect to our server and
would like to use their own Outlook express ( remote client machine ) to send
e-mails.
Please, let me know if you found any usefull information.

Thanks, Sergio

"sameer" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My application which is a desktop exe is being used over Terminal services.
>
> The development environment of the application is
>
> .NET 1.1 framework
> VB.NET
> using Not touch Deployment.
> sql server 2000 database
> server OS : windows 2003 server
> Client machines: windows 2000\ XP
>
> All features of the application work successfully over TS except for Email.
> All users have OUTLOOK installed on there local machine. When the application
> was being run straight from the desktop( and not over TS),the user clicks on
> the email button and the application generates a crsytal report behind the
> screens, saves it as a file, then creates an outlook object in context with
> OUTLOOK running on there machinens, appends the file as an attachments and
> opens it in a NEW EMAIL window which seems totally integrated with outlook to
> the user. All the user has to do is enter a TO email address ( which they
> select from there Contact in outlook) and hit on send and the attached file
> is send out in email.
>
> I want to have this same behavior of the application when i am running over
> TS. Is there any way that when the user clicks on EMAIL in the application
> over TS i can still invoke a NEW MAIL WINDOW in context with OUTLOOK running
> on the client machine ( just like how i mentioend above). With my experience
> working with TS i know this is not possible, but i am thinking of any new
> plug-ins that might be out there that i am not aware of which might do the
> job or if you have any other suggestions please let me know.
>

> thanks

New Member

      13th Sep 2005
hi, I m also with the same issue.
If u met with a solution, plz let me know that.

Thanks in advance.