using linear / non linear graphs to extract results

Ebodski

      2nd Mar 2004
Hi,

A frequent function of my job is to analyse data on graphs/charts to extract
data for engineering data , i.e power / temperature/flowrates etc etc

Is the a microsoft based programe i.e. Excel/Access that is capable of
understanding data on a scaled X-Y axis that if an X value was entered in a
cell, the programme would extract a corresponding Y value from a line on a
graph ?
If anyone has any woring examples of such a thing, I'd appreciate a link

Thx

Bernard V Liengme

      3rd Mar 2004
Hi,
If there is a linear relationship between X and Y use the function FORECAST
It a power series is needed use LINEST - see example at
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips
For exponential curves use LOGEST

Give us more data and we can give you more help.
Best wishes

Bernard

news:3S51c.3848$(E-Mail Removed)...