Using a form with a 'one' record Control file Table

Isis

      3rd Apr 2006
I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a form to
update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no adding or deleting
the record can happen - IE the Control file Table will only ever have a
single record in it (with multiple fields).

Thanks

Douglas J. Steele

      3rd Apr 2006
Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Isis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a form to
> update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no adding or deleting
> the record can happen - IE the Control file Table will only ever have a
> single record in it (with multiple fields).
>
> Thanks

Dirk Goldgar

      3rd Apr 2006
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
message news:OB7qM$(E-Mail Removed)
> Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.
>
> "Isis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a
>> form to update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no
>> adding or deleting the record can happen - IE the Control file Table
>> will only ever have a single record in it (with multiple fields).

I also like to give the table a primary key with a validation rule that
the key field must have the value 0. That way, there's no way a second
record could ever be added.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Isis

      3rd Apr 2006
"Dirk Goldgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:O3uB1ftVGHA.4740
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
> message news:OB7qM$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.
>>
>> "Isis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a
>>> form to update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no
>>> adding or deleting the record can happen - IE the Control file Table
>>> will only ever have a single record in it (with multiple fields).

> I also like to give the table a primary key with a validation rule that
> the key field must have the value 0. That way, there's no way a second
> record could ever be added.

Thanks to both of you.

Regards