Username & password

Doug

      22nd Apr 2009
How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let me
send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for my
mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used. I'm
pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone help?
--
featfan

Gordon

      22nd Apr 2009
"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let
> me
> send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for
> my
> mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used.
> I'm
> pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone
> help?

This is the username and password that you would have been asked to set up
when you set up your email account with your email provider. You need to
contact them to ask what username and password you should be using...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Dave

      22nd Apr 2009
There is no username & password to access Windows Mail.
The only ones needed are the ones to access your email accounts on the
servers.
Can you log into your email accounts webmail portal? That's a good way to
test whether you are using the correct username & password.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let
> me
> send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for
> my
> mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used.
> I'm
> pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone
> help?
> --
> featfan

Doug

      22nd Apr 2009
Thanks for your help Dave. It was a password problem. Sometimes I can be a
real dumbass.
--
featfan

"Dave" wrote:

> There is no username & password to access Windows Mail.
> The only ones needed are the ones to access your email accounts on the
> servers.
> Can you log into your email accounts webmail portal? That's a good way to
> test whether you are using the correct username & password.
>

> --
> Windows 7 beta
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let
> > me
> > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for
> > my
> > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used.
> > I'm
> > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone
> > help?
> > --
> > featfan

bulkomuff

      22nd Apr 2009
I have exactly the same problem, i use tiscali and can access my emails via
their website on any p.c. My windows mail will not send receive and did
initially ask for password for pop.tiscali but hasn't since and is still not
working.What settings do i need to check?
Thanks.

"Dave" wrote:

> There is no username & password to access Windows Mail.
> The only ones needed are the ones to access your email accounts on the
> servers.
> Can you log into your email accounts webmail portal? That's a good way to
> test whether you are using the correct username & password.
>

> --
> Windows 7 beta
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let
> > me
> > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for
> > my
> > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used.
> > I'm
> > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone
> > help?
> > --
> > featfan

Dave

      22nd Apr 2009
In Windows Mail:
Go to Tools- Accounts - (youraccount) - Properties - Servers tab
Re-enter your email username and password
OK

If that doesn't fix it, you may have to remove the account, and re-add it.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail

"bulkomuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have exactly the same problem, i use tiscali and can access my emails
> via
> their website on any p.c. My windows mail will not send receive and did
> initially ask for password for pop.tiscali but hasn't since and is still
> not
> working.What settings do i need to check?
> Thanks.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> There is no username & password to access Windows Mail.
>> The only ones needed are the ones to access your email accounts on the
>> servers.
>> Can you log into your email accounts webmail portal? That's a good way
>> test whether you are using the correct username & password.
>>

>> --
>> Windows 7 beta
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>>

>> "Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not
>> > let
>> > me
>> > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct
>> > for
>> > my
>> > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever
>> > used.
>> > I'm
>> > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can
>> > anyone
>> > help?
>> > --
>> > featfan

Reddwarf

      23rd Apr 2009

"Doug" wrote:

> How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let me
> send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for my
> mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used. I'm
> pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone help?
> --
> featfan

cmaxwell

      23rd Apr 2009
I've been having the same problem for the past few days. This pop-up box
asking for the info is new. I put the correct info in, but it refuses to
recognize. I'm stuck using webmail until I can figure it out.

"Reddwarf" wrote:

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not let me
> > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct for my
> > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever used. I'm
> > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can anyone help?
> > --
> > featfan

Patrick Keenan

      24th Apr 2009

"cmaxwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been having the same problem for the past few days. This pop-up box
> asking for the info is new. I put the correct info in, but it refuses to
> recognize. I'm stuck using webmail until I can figure it out.

Here's a trick. Open Notepad, and enter your username and password there.
Copy and paste each into your webmail login. If they are successful, copy
and paste into the Windows Mail logins.

If it still doesn't work in WM, other settings are incorrect, for example
security settings. Contact your mail provider's support for details.

HTH
-pk

> "Reddwarf" wrote:
>

>> "Doug" wrote:
>>
>> > How do I reset my username and password on windows mail? It will not
>> > let me
>> > send or receive my mail. It wants me to verify that both are correct
>> > for my
>> > mail server. I've tried every username and password that I've ever
>> > used. I'm
>> > pullin' my hair out here! Can't think of anything else to do. Can
>> > anyone help?
>> > --
>> > featfan

cmaxwell

      25th Apr 2009
I finally figured it out. Even though it is asking for user name, it wants
your full email address. Hope this helps some more of you out.