User Profiles Hive Cleanup version 1.6.30

=?Utf-8?B?YmFsZW0=?=

      15th Feb 2006
I have User Profiles Hive Cleanup version 1.6.30 installed.

Event Viewer showing warning log but no notification or warning from Window
Defender at all even When Changing Notification option. I see this log shows
up when restarting, log-off computer. I'm Wondering What's going on?

Type: Warning Event:3004 Source: WinDefend
Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected potential malware.

Threat Name: Unknown
Threat Id:
Threat Severity:
Threat Category:
Path Found: driver: uphcleanhlp
Threat Classification: Unknown
Detection Type:

Bill Sanderson

      16th Feb 2006
I think I have that on some machines--I'll check the event logs--good catch.

If you get the chance--could you post this in the .signatures, group, too?

Thats where false positive reports should go--and this is of that ilk.
--

"balem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have User Profiles Hive Cleanup version 1.6.30 installed.
>
> Event Viewer showing warning log but no notification or warning from
> Window
> Defender at all even When Changing Notification option. I see this log
> shows
> up when restarting, log-off computer. I'm Wondering What's going on?
>
> Type: Warning Event:3004 Source: WinDefend
> Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected potential
> malware.
>
> Threat Name: Unknown
> Threat Id:
> Threat Severity:
> Threat Category:
> Path Found: driver: uphcleanhlp
> Threat Classification: Unknown
> Detection Type:

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEZhdWxoYWJlciBbTVNGVF0=?=

      16th Feb 2006
Actually, this is mostly by design, though that event should communicate more
clearly. It's very interesting that you didn't see the UI tell you about
this - the event means that the UI got notified of the change. Hmmm. It's
possible it came through when shutting down, can you tell from the log?

But this isn't really a false positive - this driver is unknown to us, and
the UI submitted it to spynet for analysis.

Thanks for trying Windows Defender,
Joe

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> I think I have that on some machines--I'll check the event logs--good catch.
>
> If you get the chance--could you post this in the .signatures, group, too?
>
> Thats where false positive reports should go--and this is of that ilk.
> --
>
> "balem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have User Profiles Hive Cleanup version 1.6.30 installed.
> >
> > Event Viewer showing warning log but no notification or warning from
> > Window
> > Defender at all even When Changing Notification option. I see this log
> > shows
> > up when restarting, log-off computer. I'm Wondering What's going on?
> >
> > Type: Warning Event:3004 Source: WinDefend
> > Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected potential
> > malware.
> >
> > Threat Name: Unknown
> > Threat Id:
> > Threat Severity:
> > Threat Category:
> > Path Found: driver: uphcleanhlp
> > Threat Classification: Unknown
> > Detection Type:

Bill Sanderson

      16th Feb 2006
Thanks--If I find such messages in log files on my servers, I'll reply to
this thread. I haven't seen any notifications from the UI.

--

"Joe Faulhaber [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...