User inactivity?

Dean J Garrett

      30th Jul 2005
We have a need to determine whether a user is inactive or not, and present a
pop-up to have them either logoff or renew the session. After 15 minutes of
inactivity, the pop-up would ask the user to click Cancel if they wish to
logoff, or click OK to renew the session. The pop-up would also say
something like "Your current session will expire in 2 minutes at 1:42pm".

Thanks!!

=?Utf-8?B?UmF2aQ==?=

      1st Aug 2005
Hi,
This can be achieved(in a way) using javascript. Send the session time
out limit (for eg 15 minutes) to client side. start a javascript
window.setTimeout and keep decreasing the time for every second and once it
reaches zero fire an alert box. Even though the time out may not be exactly
same as the server' time out (there be 10 - 20 seconds mismatch depends on
network speed) this is an easy effective way.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Ravi