User being able to add machines to domain

Igirisujin

      27th Apr 2005
Good morning everyone
I have a strange one for you and after hours of looking at this issue I
cannot for the life of me find out why this can happen.
We thought up until today that we had a very secure network controlled by a
domain administrator until we discovered that a user (via his vpn had added
his home pc to the domain. So I replicated this in the office over the
network using the users ID and password and lo and behold it added my test
laptop to the domain. I tried this with random usernames and as I expected
it didnt let them add my test machine on to the domain.

Anyway I have checked the rogue user's groups and he is only in domain users
which I have also checked. Please could someone let me know if this is a
known issue or am I missing something that is glaring me in the face.
My best wishes to you all and thanks in advance for any help you may be able
to give me.

Nick

Danny Sanders

      27th Apr 2005
By default members of the authenticated users group can add 10 computers to
the domain.
This article explains it and "Method 3" tells how to change the 10 computer
limit.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

news:426f615c$0$26342$(E-Mail Removed)...