User Account Screens and Management

Tom461

      8th May 2009
I had to create another user account in order to use Google Earth, but
Windows Help does not describe what I am seeing (XP). Windows Help describes
the "Users tab" under "Users for this computer". But the window I see has
just to icons with the two user names, and right clicking does not produce
Properties as Windows Help describes but only a short text description. Is
Windows Help just mysteriously off the mark, as so often seems to happen, or
is there something else going on? Right now, I can't save an image in Google
Earth because the basic Windows programs, e.g. IE 7, are not accessible from
the "limited " user account I set up for Google earth. Even changing that
second account to "Administrator" does not help much. It just doesn't seem
like all this should be so hard for a long-time Windows user, alas....

Malke

      8th May 2009
Tom461 wrote:

> I had to create another user account in order to use Google Earth, but
> Windows Help does not describe what I am seeing (XP). Windows Help
> describes
> the "Users tab" under "Users for this computer". But the window I see has
> just to icons with the two user names, and right clicking does not produce
> Properties as Windows Help describes but only a short text description. Is
> Windows Help just mysteriously off the mark, as so often seems to happen,
> or is there something else going on? Right now, I can't save an image in
> Google Earth because the basic Windows programs, e.g. IE 7, are not
> accessible from the "limited " user account I set up for Google earth.
> Even changing that second account to "Administrator" does not help much.
> It just doesn't seem like all this should be so hard for a long-time
> Windows user, alas....

I'm so sorry but I'm really not following what you've done and what you're
seeing. I've got tons of clients using Google Earth and not one of them
needed to make a second user account to do so.

Could you please clarify why you thought you needed to do this?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!