User Account Restrictions

Joseph L. Casale

      11th Sep 2006
I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
point I can reverse the changes?

Thanks!

Chad Harris

      11th Sep 2006
If this translates that you want to use cmd, the dos emulator in Vista, you
can right click it's symbol in System32 or at the start menu if you show it
asd run as elevated.

Or you can do what thousands and thousands of people will begin to do come
November and turn off the moronically deployed UAC at msconf>tools. They
brought it on themselves. They refused to deploy UAC with any modicum of
common sense and they have even draw a law suit lol although orthopedically
based on it.

CH

"Joseph L. Casale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
> uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
> make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
> point I can reverse the changes?
>
> Thanks!

Chad Harris

      11th Sep 2006
I meant to add that it can be turned off msconfig>Tools (scrool to bottom)
and can be regedited off as well.

CH

"Joseph L. Casale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
> uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
> make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
> point I can reverse the changes?
>
> Thanks!

Beck

      11th Sep 2006

"Joseph L. Casale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
> uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
> make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
> point I can reverse the changes?

You could try right clicking the application, go to properties then have a
fiddle with the compatibility settings.

Rick Rogers

      12th Sep 2006
Hi Joseph,

Right click the command prompt, use "run as administrator" rather than just
opening it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Joseph L. Casale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
> uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
> make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
> point I can reverse the changes?
>
> Thanks!

Joseph L. Casale

      12th Sep 2006
"Rick Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Right click the command prompt, use "run as administrator" rather than
> just opening it.

You ROCK!!!!

Thanks guys,
jlc