Use late binding to get at the FORMS library

xp

      25th Mar 2009
Using Excel 2007;

I'm trying to use late binding to create a reference to the Forms library so
I don't have to reference it in my code. The following does NOT work:

Dim oData As Object
Set oData = CreateObject("MSForms.DataObject")

Can someone please correct the above form me so I can get at the
"DataObject" library?

Thanks.

Bernie Deitrick

      25th Mar 2009
xp,

There is a discussion here that may be of use:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192500

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"xp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using Excel 2007;
>
> I'm trying to use late binding to create a reference to the Forms library so
> I don't have to reference it in my code. The following does NOT work:
>
> Dim oData As Object
> Set oData = CreateObject("MSForms.DataObject")
>
> Can someone please correct the above form me so I can get at the
> "DataObject" library?
>
> Thanks.

xp

      25th Mar 2009

I guess the ultimate answer is, you can't use late binding with "DataObject"
so it's impossible; since it's not an ActiveX component.

Thanks for the reference.