USB printer port

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFwbA==?=

      14th Apr 2006
I installed a Lexmark X2350 on my laptop running XP home SP2 with only 1 USB
1.1.port, it being 10 years old and short on memory! Installing it on my PC
(same OS) with 5 USB 2.0 ports via PCI slot and 2 USB 1.1 ports on board,
just does not work. I have trawled all similar posts,contacted the Mfg. (all
they say is "update your usb files"), un and re installed printer and usb
ports, tweaked the registry,imported all reg.entries relating to usb from the
laptop, and yet here I am reduced to nil. All other devices I have, whether
1.1 or 2.0 work very well. Lexmark say plug the printer power and usb cable
in before loading cd software - this seems right because it worked on the
laptop and not doing either or both leads to non detection of printer upon
install.
Lexmark also say cancel out of all 'found new hardware' wizards, which also
seems correct because if you continue with the wizard it finds no inf of dll.

Any of you fine technicians got the solution?

Rich Barry

      14th Apr 2006
Try uninstalling all the Lexmark Software. Disconnect the Lexmark and
restart. Reload the Software and then connect
the Lexmark.
"dapl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed a Lexmark X2350 on my laptop running XP home SP2 with only 1
>USB
> 1.1.port, it being 10 years old and short on memory! Installing it on my
> PC
> (same OS) with 5 USB 2.0 ports via PCI slot and 2 USB 1.1 ports on board,
> just does not work. I have trawled all similar posts,contacted the Mfg.
> (all
> they say is "update your usb files"), un and re installed printer and usb
> ports, tweaked the registry,imported all reg.entries relating to usb from
> the
> laptop, and yet here I am reduced to nil. All other devices I have,
> whether
> 1.1 or 2.0 work very well. Lexmark say plug the printer power and usb
> cable
> in before loading cd software - this seems right because it worked on the
> laptop and not doing either or both leads to non detection of printer upon
> install.
> Lexmark also say cancel out of all 'found new hardware' wizards, which
> also
> seems correct because if you continue with the wizard it finds no inf of
> dll.
>
> Any of you fine technicians got the solution?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFwbA==?=

      15th Apr 2006
the install gui will hang and time out at "detecting your printer" point if i
do this during or after s/w install.