USB Driver will not load in XP- Pro but will load in XP-Home

Trench

      5th Mar 2004
I have a RIO S35S MP3 player, A Gateway 1.8MHZ system
running XP-Pro and XP-HOme (Using boot magic to switch
between the two systems);

Problem:
XP-Home edition loads the USB Rio driver no problem
XP-Pro cannot load the RIO driver, error code 39.

Both systems are using the same drivers and obviously the
same hardway. I tried the latest drivers and also using
different USB ports.

It can't be the hardware and the drivers are the same
so ???

-- Stumped and mad at XP-pro ...

Peter

      5th Mar 2004
I have never loaded any third party USB drivers with any USB device i have
added and hence, haven't had a problem. I don't know that you need those
drivers that came with your RIO... You might try un-installing all that crap
that most hardware vendors send you onna disc; XP doesn't need them,
usually, and doesn't like them either.. Bet your RIO will work without
them....
"Trench" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:791d01c40271$d1673b20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a RIO S35S MP3 player, A Gateway 1.8MHZ system
> running XP-Pro and XP-HOme (Using boot magic to switch
> between the two systems);
>
> Problem:
> XP-Home edition loads the USB Rio driver no problem
> XP-Pro cannot load the RIO driver, error code 39.
>
> Both systems are using the same drivers and obviously the
> same hardway. I tried the latest drivers and also using
> different USB ports.
>
> It can't be the hardware and the drivers are the same
> so ???
>
> -- Stumped and mad at XP-pro ...

Nick Burns

      5th Mar 2004
Same here, never needed any 3 party drivers. Xp works very well without it.
Why the two OS...?