PC Review

Closed Thread

USB device not recognised

Silly Fool

4th Aug 2012
As the title saysI am getting an error message showing USB device not recognised as in the image below.All I have connected is a cheapo USB keyboard and USB mouse. Both are working perfectly so I am a bit bemused.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

Captain Crunchie, Retired

4th Aug 2012
These "devices" are typically called HID - compliant (human interface device) and as such, in my experience, have some sort of drivers.

There are limitations to the HID protocol, but most operating systems will recognize standard USB HID devices, such as keyboards and mice, without needing a specialized driver. When installed, a message saying that "A "HID-compliant device" has been recognized," generally appears on screen.

We are, however, talking about a Computer here, so, I would be looking for the site that may have the "drivers" you may need.

Try Windows update.

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Excel Formulator

5th Aug 2012
My greatest luck when there's a USB hub or other not recognized is a chipset driver. Good luck though! It's always a crapshoot with that crafty device manager. He's usually the end guy when trying to set up a computer perfectly.

Silly Fool

5th Aug 2012
Prolem solved, sort of. Took out el cheapo Dynamode USB card and the error went away after reboot. Shall put card back in later and see what's what

5th Aug 2012
don't put it back, have faith in your movements, chuck the rubbish, history it into the great box of non use to me!

sugar 'n spikes

5th Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie leuenberger View Post
don't put it back, have faith in your movements, chuck the rubbish, history it into the great box of non use to me!
All your dialect belong to us

Welcome to the forum

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

Excel Formulator

5th Aug 2012
lol Floppy. Welcome aboard Stephanie

@120Hz

5th Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie leuenberger View Post
I'm sorry, What!?

Gigabyte Z87X-OC | i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair H80i | 16Gb TeamGroup Vulcan Orange
EVGA 780 FTW | Creative X-FI Titanium HD | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB's of Storage
Corsair HX850 | Logitech G25 | Ducky Shine III | Deathadder 2013 | Wireless 360 Pad
Corsair Carbide 300R | BenQ XL2420T | Acoustic Energy Aego M | Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Silly Fool

5th Aug 2012
don't put it back,

No can do, its already back in my PC

have faith in your movements,

I have great trust in my movements thanks to All Bran Flakes

chuck the rubbish,

It may have been an el-cheapo, but did what it said on the tin, so to me wasn't rubbish.

history it into the great box of non use to me!

See first answer

Welcome to the forum

Banned

17th Oct 2012
the usb connector itself was mulfunctioned.. maybe some wires were damaged, that causes the computer to not recognized' the device. try to connect the usb to another pc so u can diagnose the problem

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: