Urgent ... Excel export from Access larger than from SQL server??????

M O J O

      14th Jan 2005
Hi,

Thank you for taking time to help me out!!!

I have a table in my SQL Server 2000 that I need to export to an Excel
file.

When I export this table from the SQL Enterprise Manager (Export
data...) and export it in Excel97-2000 format, the file size is 90k.

If I link this same SQL table into an Access2003 database and export the
data as Excel97-2003, the filesize is 160k.

Why????

What is Access exporting that SQL server is not?

Thanks a million!!!

M O J O

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEctSg==?=

      14th Jan 2005
Assumming both files are EXACTLY identical (No. rows, columns, cell-format
etc.) the conversion mechanisms from SQL Server are bound to be different
from those of Access 2003.

Have you tried exporting from each to the same flat file format then using
Windiff to identify any differences?

regards,

Tim G-J
Professional Patabase Solutions Ltd.
(www.pdbsolutions.co.uk)

"M O J O" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for taking time to help me out!!!
>
> I have a table in my SQL Server 2000 that I need to export to an Excel
> file.
>
> When I export this table from the SQL Enterprise Manager (Export
> data...) and export it in Excel97-2000 format, the file size is 90k.
>
> If I link this same SQL table into an Access2003 database and export the
> data as Excel97-2003, the filesize is 160k.
>
> Why????
>
> What is Access exporting that SQL server is not?
>
> Thanks a million!!!
>
> M O J O

John Vinson

      20th Jan 2005
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:17:57 -0500, "PAUL TRAMANTANA"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hello i am new at this and i have a problem in Excell, I would like top sum
>a collum every time I add money to the collum it should add up all the
>entries.
>how do I do this?

Paul, you have asked this question in several newsgroups for the
database programs Microsoft Access and SQL/Server - but it appears to
be specifically a question about how to use Excel. I'd suggest you
post in microsoft.public.excel.general or another appropriate Excel
newsgroup.

But to answer - if you put an expression

=Sum(B2..B65535)

in cell B1 of a spreadsheet, it will sum all the numbers below it in
column B.

John W. Vinson[MVP]

      26th Jan 2005
screw Excel

it is the root of all problems in modern corporate america

50% of the employees spend 50% of their time updating the same spreadsheet;
week in and week out.

there is a better way

news:eLc8gAp$(E-Mail Removed)...