Upload/Update files on a server

Patriot

      22nd Apr 2010
(sorry for the cross post as my post in WindowForm gets no reply yet).

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask. Please let me know
where this question should go to.

I have a window program in which I would like my users to be able to
upload files to a centralized folder risde on a server. One way to do
this is to make that centralized folder a shared folder and grant
users rights to access their files on the server. However, my network
administrator would prefer my program to logon to the server with a
separate credential (local account to the server) to update the files
as needed, instead of letting the domain users to access the files on
the server directly because users potentially access and update files
in the folders without going through my program.

Could this be done? Has anyone done this before? Is there a better
solution to this?

Thank you.

Tim

Wilson, Phil

      22nd Apr 2010
This is pretty much what BITS does - see if this is useful:

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/.n...les-with-.net/

--
Phil Wilson

news:(E-Mail Removed)...