Upload problems with Windows XP SP2

rhesus.monk@gmail.com

      26th Mar 2008
I'm having trouble with uploads to web sites on my Windows XP SP2
machine. I basically can't upload any files in in a web request. If
I try going to a bandwidth test page, it does the download test fine,
but then won't even complete the upload test. I can't send emails
through my web email client. I can't upload files to web pages. Each
time I try it hangs and then times out.

It shouldn't be a browser problem. It is the same with Firefox and
IE.

I thought maybe it was a hardware problem. I tried switching out the
network cable, tried switching ports on my router, I even installed a
different network card with the same results on the new card. Clearly
it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

It isn't the internet connection. I have another computer going
through the same router to the same internet connection and it doesn't
have the problem. I can upload files over the network to the other
computer (though it does seem a little slower than download).

Firewall is turned off. I really don't know what else to look for.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Monk

Andrew E.

      26th Mar 2008
Look in event viewer for specific details.Also,if switching cards & using
other
pcs thru same hardware,unplug modem/router,etc between components.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I'm having trouble with uploads to web sites on my Windows XP SP2
> machine. I basically can't upload any files in in a web request. If
> I try going to a bandwidth test page, it does the download test fine,
> but then won't even complete the upload test. I can't send emails
> through my web email client. I can't upload files to web pages. Each
> time I try it hangs and then times out.
>
> It shouldn't be a browser problem. It is the same with Firefox and
> IE.
>
> I thought maybe it was a hardware problem. I tried switching out the
> network cable, tried switching ports on my router, I even installed a
> different network card with the same results on the new card. Clearly
> it shouldn't be a hardware problem.
>
> It isn't the internet connection. I have another computer going
> through the same router to the same internet connection and it doesn't
> have the problem. I can upload files over the network to the other
> computer (though it does seem a little slower than download).
>
> Firewall is turned off. I really don't know what else to look for.
> Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.
>
> Thanks,
> Monk

rhesus.monk@gmail.com

      27th Mar 2008
Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew. I've checked the event log and
absolutely nothing is written there when I have one of these upload
failures. When I switch the network cable and router port over I'm
powering off the router and the modem. It reconnects, gets another IP
address, and still the problem remains. Any other ideas? Anyone?

-Monk

On Mar 25, 11:22 pm, Andrew E. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Look in event viewer for specific details.Also,if switching cards & using
> other
> pcs thru same hardware,unplug modem/router,etc between components.
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> > I'm having trouble with uploads to web sites on my WindowsXPSP2
> > machine. I basically can'tuploadany files in in a web request. If
> > I try going to a bandwidth test page, it does the download test fine,
> > but then won't even complete theuploadtest. I can't send emails
> > through my web email client. I can'tuploadfiles to web pages. Each
> > time I try it hangs and then times out.

> > It shouldn't be a browser problem. It is the same with Firefox and
> > IE.

> > I thought maybe it was a hardware problem. I tried switching out the
> > network cable, tried switching ports on my router, I even installed a
> > different network card with the same results on the new card. Clearly
> > it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

> > It isn't the internet connection. I have another computer going
> > through the same router to the same internet connection and it doesn't
> > have the problem. I canuploadfiles over the network to the other
> > computer (though it does seem a little slower than download).

> > Firewall is turned off. I really don't know what else to look for.
> > Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

> > Thanks,
> > Monk

rhesus.monk@gmail.com

      28th Mar 2008
Anyone else have suggestions? Is there somewhere else I could go to
get more information?

-Monk

On Mar 26, 8:37 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew. I've checked the event log and
> absolutely nothing is written there when I have one of these upload
> failures. When I switch the network cable and router port over I'm
> powering off the router and the modem. It reconnects, gets another IP
> address, and still the problem remains. Any other ideas? Anyone?
>
> -Monk
>
> On Mar 25, 11:22 pm, Andrew E. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Look in event viewer for specific details.Also,if switching cards & using
> > other
> > pcs thru same hardware,unplug modem/router,etc between components.

> > "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> > > I'm having trouble with uploads to web sites on my WindowsXPSP2
> > > machine. I basically can'tuploadany files in in a web request. If
> > > I try going to a bandwidth test page, it does the download test fine,
> > > but then won't even complete theuploadtest. I can't send emails
> > > through my web email client. I can'tuploadfiles to web pages. Each
> > > time I try it hangs and then times out.

> > > It shouldn't be a browser problem. It is the same with Firefox and
> > > IE.

> > > I thought maybe it was a hardware problem. I tried switching out the
> > > network cable, tried switching ports on my router, I even installed a
> > > different network card with the same results on the new card. Clearly
> > > it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

> > > It isn't the internet connection. I have another computer going
> > > through the same router to the same internet connection and it doesn't
> > > have the problem. I canuploadfiles over the network to the other
> > > computer (though it does seem a little slower than download).

> > > Firewall is turned off. I really don't know what else to look for.
> > > Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Monk

Big Al

      28th Mar 2008
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Anyone else have suggestions? Is there somewhere else I could go to
> get more information?
>
> -Monk
>
> On Mar 26, 8:37 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew. I've checked the event log and
>> absolutely nothing is written there when I have one of these upload
>> failures. When I switch the network cable and router port over I'm
>> powering off the router and the modem. It reconnects, gets another IP
>> address, and still the problem remains. Any other ideas? Anyone?
>>
>> -Monk
>>
>> On Mar 25, 11:22 pm, Andrew E. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Look in event viewer for specific details.Also,if switching cards & using
>>> other
>>> pcs thru same hardware,unplug modem/router,etc between components.

Can you ping or tracert to any server? That sends data at least over
the internet. As much as its not http traffic, its traffic. ?