Upgrade To MS Office Home & Student: Non-Commercial Use?

Debby Hanoka

      4th Feb 2010
I recently upgraded my Microsoft Office installation to Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007. Upon opening Excel 2007, for example, I am confronted with the phrase "non-commercial use" right next to the program/file name in the title bar. Is this something unique to the Home & Student edition? If so, how can I get rid of it on both Excel and my other MSO applications?

I've tried running "regedit.exe" and deleting all known instances of the phrase "non-commercial use" from the "application name" in the appropriate registry key, but it just comes back every time I open, for example, Excel 2007.

Debby Hanoka
(E-Mail Removed)

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

      5th Feb 2010
Yes, that's part of Home & Student Edition. Removing it requires a fair bit
of registry editing and, honestly, I wouldn't bother. The risk of messing
something up is greater than the benefit of not having that appear on the
title bar.

You won't even notice it after a while.

--
-Ben-