upgrade failure 0x0000007B

tom fugate

      11th Jan 2008
I am upgrading from XP home to Vista Ultimate. Upgrade advisor finds no
reason that it should not work. The only odd thing about my system is that
the HD is ide and my dvd-r is SATA and on SATA Channel 1. On the first
reboot during the upgrade I get the BSOD with stop 0x0000007B etc. Is a
clean install the answer or something simple that I have not yet heard
about??
Thanks

Aamir Zaffar

      13th Mar 2008
I have the same problem but i made a stupid mistake of uninstalling my SATA
driver and now vista wont boot and keeps coming up the that screen. So im
trying to figure out how to find the vista driver and install it using the
vista DVD.