Update error 0x80072efd

=?Utf-8?B?RGV4dGV1cg==?=

      30th Mar 2006
Hi,

When I try to update Windows Defender, I get a 0x80072efd error and Windows
Defender cannot update its signatures. I have tried to use microsoft update
as well as windows update multiple times, each time it will say that the
spyware signature needs to be updated and will download the signatures. After
the download, Windows defender will notify that there is a change made to
advpack.dll, but the spyware signature in the main window still says that the
signatures havent been updated for 14 days.

Dexter.

Tom Emmelot

      30th Mar 2006
Hello Dexteur,

did you try:
WD/Help/About/check for Updates?

Regards >*< TOM >*<

Dexteur schreef:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to update Windows Defender, I get a 0x80072efd error and Windows
> Defender cannot update its signatures. I have tried to use microsoft update
> as well as windows update multiple times, each time it will say that the
> spyware signature needs to be updated and will download the signatures. After
> the download, Windows defender will notify that there is a change made to
> advpack.dll, but the spyware signature in the main window still says that the
> signatures havent been updated for 14 days.
>
> Dexter.

=?Utf-8?B?RGV4dGV1cg==?=

      30th Mar 2006
Hi Tom,

Yes I did try your method, but I still got the same message. Im not sure
whether this is with the Windows Defender configuration or my network
connectivity. It worked for the first few times after I initially install it,
but then it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks.

"Tom Emmelot" wrote:

> Hello Dexteur,
>
> did you try:
> WD/Help/About/check for Updates?
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>
> Dexteur schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I try to update Windows Defender, I get a 0x80072efd error and Windows
> > Defender cannot update its signatures. I have tried to use microsoft update
> > as well as windows update multiple times, each time it will say that the
> > spyware signature needs to be updated and will download the signatures. After
> > the download, Windows defender will notify that there is a change made to
> > advpack.dll, but the spyware signature in the main window still says that the
> > signatures havent been updated for 14 days.
> >
> > Dexter.

=?Utf-8?B?c2V3YW5kZHJhdw==?=

      2nd Apr 2006
Hi, after reinstalling Defender three times and always getting messages that
updates successfulm although nothing was installed (direct and with Windows
Update), today I got message update error. I then followed Article ID 915105
and it finally updated to the latest version. I am not sure why, but I am
very happy. Helga

"Dexteur" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to update Windows Defender, I get a 0x80072efd error and Windows
> Defender cannot update its signatures. I have tried to use microsoft update
> as well as windows update multiple times, each time it will say that the
> spyware signature needs to be updated and will download the signatures. After
> the download, Windows defender will notify that there is a change made to
> advpack.dll, but the spyware signature in the main window still says that the
> signatures havent been updated for 14 days.
>
> Dexter.

Bill Sanderson MVP

      4th Apr 2006
Great--glad that worked.
--

"sewanddraw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, after reinstalling Defender three times and always getting messages
> that
> updates successfulm although nothing was installed (direct and with
> Windows
> Update), today I got message update error. I then followed Article ID
> 915105
> and it finally updated to the latest version. I am not sure why, but I am
> very happy. Helga

Bill Sanderson MVP

      9th Apr 2006
Does your network involve a proxy?

You might try either checking or unchecking "automatically detect" for
proxies in the properties of the Internet connection.

--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...