Update data in linked tables, How? (One==>Many relation)

Silvio

      26th Jul 2008
When I split may tables to properly handle one to may relations, I noticed
than when I link these tables back through a query then I can not update any
information in any of the fields. Normally I use a form based on this query
to display the data so users can go in and update fields through use of combo
box. What's the best way to handle such scenario?

Thank you,
Silvio

Rick Brandt

      26th Jul 2008
Silvio wrote:
> When I split may tables to properly handle one to may relations, I
> noticed than when I link these tables back through a query then I can
> not update any information in any of the fields. Normally I use a
> form based on this query to display the data so users can go in and
> update fields through use of combo box. What's the best way to handle
> such scenario?
>
> Thank you,
> Silvio

Forms with subforms, each bound to a single table. Even when multi-table
queries allow updates it is often not a good idea to use them for that.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...