unprotect a write protected file

=?Utf-8?B?c3V6enlx?=

      28th Sep 2005
I can not save a file to a cd because it tells me that it is a write
protected file.

I did not write protect the cd file and don't know how it got write protected
I need to unwrite protect the file. How can I do this.

Thanks Suzzyq

Gord Dibben

      28th Sep 2005

suzzy

First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media
directly. Just looking for file corruption.

Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open.

The read only bit.......

All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD.

With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only.

Copy the file(s) back to HDD then take off the RO attribute.

If you were to use a packet writing application like Nero InCD, files would
not be read only and individual files could be erased or written to on the CD
just like a big floppy disk.

See this google search thread

http://snipurl.com/6llq

Note the link to Alex Nicholl's site.