Unofficial Adaware Updater V2 final, June/25/04

R. L.

      26th Jun 2004
Just finished a final, non-beta version :-)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Unofficial Adaware Updater v2.00 (< 200kb, no-install, no
registry entries)

Homepage:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Latest Screenshot:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/...screenshot.jpg

New in this release 06/25/04:
- Larger and rearranged interface to reduce clusters.
- Relative path is now supported (as long as the Lavasoft
folder is in you system program files folder).
- Some codes are rewritten for simplification.

Features:
-Optionally check your connection before starting the update
process.
- Backup your old ref-file before updating.
- A built-in second attempt to update after 30 seconds, if the
first attempt failed.
- Check if a new ref-file is available since the last update.
- User can choose to do launch an auto spyware scan with Ad-
aware after finish updating.
- Other options can be found in the new interface.

(To schedule an auto update with the Window task scheduler can
be done with command line switch. )

RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Little (File) Backer Upper:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

Antoine

      26th Jun 2004
"R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :

> Just finished a final, non-beta version :-)
>

> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Unofficial Adaware Updater v2.00 (< 200kb, no-install, no
> registry entries)

Thank you for having put the Ad-aware path as an option :-)
Here it works pretty well till the script tries to unzip the
reflist.zip file : the scripts runs normally, displays briefly a dos
command window and pops up a dialog indicating an unzip error. Yet,
when I try to unzip the file manually with my ordinary compression
utility (OT), the zip file looks ok.

--
Antoine

R. L.

      26th Jun 2004
Antoine <(E-Mail Removed)> says in

> "R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :
>
>> Just finished a final, non-beta version :-)
>>

>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> Unofficial Adaware Updater v2.00 (< 200kb, no-install, no
>> registry entries)

> Thank you for having put the Ad-aware path as an option
> :-) Here it works pretty well till the script tries to
> unzip the reflist.zip file : the scripts runs normally,
> displays briefly a dos command window and pops up a dialog
> indicating an unzip error. Yet, when I try to unzip the
> file manually with my ordinary compression utility (OT),
> the zip file looks ok.

Hmm...it sounds like there is an error with Infozip (included
with the script), will need to look into it. Since you are
not using stardard paths, it could be the problem for infozip,
(which is a dos program, I am not a fan of it, but it seems to
be the only option I have for now)

Can you tell me these information:

- the location where you put your Unofficial Adaware Updater
files;
- the location of your Lavasoft Adaware folder;
- where did you find your reflist.zip eventually

Thanks

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Little (File) Backer Upper:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

Antoine

      26th Jun 2004
"R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :

> Hmm...it sounds like there is an error with Infozip (included
> with the script), will need to look into it. Since you are
> not using stardard paths, it could be the problem for infozip,
> (which is a dos program, I am not a fan of it, but it seems to
> be the only option I have for now)
>
> Can you tell me these information:
>
> - the location where you put your Unofficial Adaware Updater
> files;

C:\_temp\uaau\

> - the location of your Lavasoft Adaware folder;

C:\Program Files\Ad-aware 6\

(I have put this non-default path in the adequate option-box of your updater)

> - where did you find your reflist.zip eventually

The default url ie :
http://updates.ls-servers.com/reflist.zip

Thank you.

--

> "R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :
>
>> Hmm...it sounds like there is an error with Infozip
>> (included with the script), will need to look into it.
>> Since you are not using stardard paths, it could be the
>> problem for infozip, (which is a dos program, I am not a
>> fan of it, but it seems to be the only option I have for
>> now)

>> Can you tell me these information:
>>
>> - the location where you put your Unofficial Adaware
>> Updater files;

> C:\_temp\uaau\
>
>> - the location of your Lavasoft Adaware folder;

> C:\Program Files\Ad-aware 6\
>
> (I have put this non-default path in the adequate
> option-box of your updater)
>
>> - where did you find your reflist.zip eventually

> The default url ie :
> http://updates.ls-servers.com/reflist.zip
>
> Thank you.

Hi, Antoine, the current version does not support adaware folder
that is outside the Lavasoft folder yet. But send me an email
and I will give you the custom made version that suit your path.

Ringomeinew AT hotmail DOT com

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Little (File) Backer Upper:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

Antoine

      26th Jun 2004
"R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :

> Hi, Antoine, the current version does not support adaware folder
> that is outside the Lavasoft folder yet. But send me an email
> and I will give you the custom made version that suit your path.

I have just sent an email at the address you indicated.
Thanks in advance.

--

> "R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :
>
>> Hi, Antoine, the current version does not support adaware
>> folder that is outside the Lavasoft folder yet. But send
>> me an email and I will give you the custom made version
>> that suit your path.

> I have just sent an email at the address you indicated.
> Thanks in advance.

Antoine, for some reasons I am not getting your email. Could
you send it again to the following (I don't trust hotmail now,
I got mail delay during last few days), thanks.

ringomei AT yahoo DOT com

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Little (File) Backer Upper:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

John Doe

      27th Jun 2004

"R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote in message
> Antoine <(E-Mail Removed)> says in
>
> > "R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :
> >
> >> Hmm...it sounds like there is an error with Infozip
> >> (included with the script), will need to look into it.
> >> Since you are not using stardard paths, it could be the
> >> problem for infozip, (which is a dos program, I am not a
> >> fan of it, but it seems to be the only option I have for
> >> now)

> >> Can you tell me these information:
> >>
> >> - the location where you put your Unofficial Adaware
> >> Updater files;

> > C:\_temp\uaau\
> >
> >> - the location of your Lavasoft Adaware folder;

> > C:\Program Files\Ad-aware 6\
> >
> > (I have put this non-default path in the adequate
> > option-box of your updater)
> >
> >> - where did you find your reflist.zip eventually

> > The default url ie :
> > http://updates.ls-servers.com/reflist.zip
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> Hi, Antoine, the current version does not support adaware folder
> that is outside the Lavasoft folder yet. But send me an email
> and I will give you the custom made version that suit your path.
>
> Ringomeinew AT hotmail DOT com
>
> --
> RL
> Unofficial Adaware Updater:
> http://home.earthlink.net/
> ~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html
>
> Little (File) Backer Upper:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

Do I put your updater here
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6 ?

R. L.

      27th Jun 2004
"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> says in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Do I put your updater here
> C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6 ?

You can basically put it whereever, but just that the Lavasoft
Ad-aware program itself (not the UFO Updater), need to be in
the path that you indicate ((i.e., under program files
\Lavasoft\Ad-ware\, so your path is fine).

As for the recommanded location for UAU, the best place to do
it is to have a seperate folder for all the files you unzipped
from my UAU package, and place it under C:\Program Files
\Lavasoft\

--
RL
Unofficial Adaware Updater:
http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater.html

Little (File) Backer Upper:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

Antoine

      27th Jun 2004
"R. L." <ringomeinew@_hot_mail_.YOU_KNOW_THE_REST> wrote :

> Antoine, for some reasons I am not getting your email. Could
> you send it again to the following (I don't trust hotmail now,
> I got mail delay during last few days), thanks.

Of course. The email has just been sent to the second address.

Regards,
Antoine