Unofficial Adaware Updater GUI support now

R.L

      14th Jun 2004
Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
added:

Screenshot:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg

Main page:

http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U...daware_updater.
html

===========
Function:
============
When one know that there is a new Adaware reference list
release, one can run this to update the list unattendedly.
Alternatively, one can use the command line option (enter:
c:/.../UnofficialAdawUpdaterV2.exe updater) with the window
Task Scheduler to check for update automatically.

============
To use:
============
Unzip all files into a folder (the Lavasoft folder is
recommanded). Then run the .exe file. It does not write
anything to your registry. To uninstall, simply delete
everything.

============
Some new features:
=============
- It can optionally check your internet connection before
updating. If you are not connected, it will exit before doing
any file altering.

- It will compare the version of the def. file with the one
that was checked last time to see if update is neccessary.
(Note: the information will only be accurate if you use this
updater the last time you update. Otherwise, update will
still proceed even though you might already have an updated
Adaware definition. The existing reflist will be replaced
with the newly downloaded one)

- It will attempt to download the file one more time before it
quits, if the first download was not succeed.

- You can choose to do launch an auto spyware scan with Ad-
aware after finish updating.

- It can delete the log file if it gets too big.

- Other options can be found in the new interface.

Read the readme file included in the download for more
information.

--
RL

R.L

      14th Jun 2004
"R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> says in

> Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
> added:
>
> Screenshot: http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
>
> Main page:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U...adaware_update
> r. html

Sorry, A mistake in the URL, should be:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/...daware_updater
..html

-- RL

Linda

      14th Jun 2004
Cut & pasted on to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Sorry, very rude of me. I should
have asked first.

"R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote in message
> Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
> added:
>
> Screenshot:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
>
> Main page:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U...daware_updater.
> html
>
> ===========
> Function:
> ============
> When one know that there is a new Adaware reference list
> release, one can run this to update the list unattendedly.
> Alternatively, one can use the command line option (enter:
> c:/.../UnofficialAdawUpdaterV2.exe updater) with the window
> Task Scheduler to check for update automatically.
>
> ============
> To use:
> ============
> Unzip all files into a folder (the Lavasoft folder is
> recommanded). Then run the .exe file. It does not write
> anything to your registry. To uninstall, simply delete
> everything.
>
> ============
> Some new features:
> =============
> - It can optionally check your internet connection before
> updating. If you are not connected, it will exit before doing
> any file altering.
>
> - It will compare the version of the def. file with the one
> that was checked last time to see if update is neccessary.
> (Note: the information will only be accurate if you use this
> updater the last time you update. Otherwise, update will
> still proceed even though you might already have an updated
> Adaware definition. The existing reflist will be replaced
> with the newly downloaded one)
>
> - It will attempt to download the file one more time before it
> quits, if the first download was not succeed.
>
> - You can choose to do launch an auto spyware scan with Ad-
> aware after finish updating.
>
> - It can delete the log file if it gets too big.
>
> - Other options can be found in the new interface.
>

> Read the readme file included in the download for more
> information.
>

> --
> RL

R.L

      14th Jun 2004
"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> says in
news:XOazc.23911$(E-Mail Removed):

> "R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote
> in message news:Xns9508BC875EB3ringomei@127.0.0.1...
>> Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
>> added:
>>
>> Screenshot:
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
>>
>> Main page:
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U..._adaware_updat
>> er. html
>>

> Cut & pasted on to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Sorry, very rude
> of me. I should have asked first.

Thanks for thinking that it is "cut-and-paste worthy"
Yet, just note that the second URL has a mistake on it, it
should be

http://home.earthlink.net/
~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater. html

--
RL

buzz Light Beer

      14th Jun 2004
on Mon, 14 Jun 2004 05:12:54 GMT, "R.L"
<ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote :
>"R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> says in
>
>> Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
>> added:
>>
>> Screenshot: http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
>>
>> Main page:
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U...adaware_update
>> r. html
>>

>Sorry, A mistake in the URL, should be:
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/...daware_updater
>.html
>

>-- RL

I had to use
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/index.html
or directly to download page w/
http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/page2.html

bLB

Linda

      14th Jun 2004
Someone picked up the error & corrected it for the benefit of the ng.

> "Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> says in
> news:XOazc.23911$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "R.L" <ringomeinew(removehere)@hotmail(remove).com> wrote
> > in message news:Xns9508BC875EB3ringomei@127.0.0.1...
> >> Just finished the GUI for it and some new features are
> >> added:
> >>
> >> Screenshot:
> >> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/img14.jpg
> >>
> >> Main page:
> >>
> >> http://home.earthlink.net/ringomei/U..._adaware_updat
> >> er. html
> >>

> > Cut & pasted on to 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Sorry, very rude
> > of me. I should have asked first.

> Thanks for thinking that it is "cut-and-paste worthy"
> Yet, just note that the second URL has a mistake on it, it
> should be
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/
> ~ringomei/Unofficial_adaware_updater. html
>

> --
> RL

CHarneyCHRIS

      15th Jun 2004
i cant any link to work.i just get a error page?

Doc

      15th Jun 2004

> Sorry, A mistake in the URL, should be:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/...daware_updater
> .html

Some (including me) may have to temporarily disable advert blocking to
access this web address. Mine denied access because of the "_ad" part of
the address.

--
aardvark (ard'-vark) a controversial animal with a long probing nose used
for sniffing out the facts and stimulating thought and discussion.

R.L

      15th Jun 2004
(E-Mail Removed) (CHarneyCHRIS) says in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> i cant any link to work.i just get a error page?

Perhaps try the main page and then go to the "downloadable"
section:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ringomei/

--
RL