unmountable boot volume

Satchmo

      1st Jul 2004
My computer had been acting funky, so I installed Ad-
Aware, to see if I could clear out the spyware. Well, it
stalls after 44 pieces found. I tried to ignore that, and
now my computer wont even load XP, I just get a blue
error page, saying that if XP loads, fatal damage will
occur, due to unmountable boot volume. I tried
troubleshooting, but I can't get XP to load from disc (I
even tried to load Win98 from floppy, and that didn't
work either)Safe mode and Last good config don't work
either...any ideas?!?!?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      1st Jul 2004
Power off
Desktop:...Open the case and reseat the hard drive IDE ribbon cable at
both ends.
Laptop:... simply remove and reinsert the hard drive.
If that fails:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297185
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315403

Otherwise go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and
download their hard drive diagnostics.

Do you have a hard drive overlay such as Max Blast?
Windows XP sometimes has issues with overlay software.
You may need to perform a Clean Installation without their overlay
software which is not needed anyway.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

news:23e9601c45f12$39345ec0$(E-Mail Removed)...