Unlocking an Access MDE file

=?Utf-8?B?VC4=?=

      2nd Jun 2005
Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE database
file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
mdb file.

Rick Brandt

      2nd Jun 2005
T. wrote:
> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
> database file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my
> original unlocked mdb file.

An MDE does not "Lock" the source code. The source code is *removed* when
the MDE is created. There is no way to get it back.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...

Alex Dybenko

      2nd Jun 2005
you can something get from MDE:
http://alexdyb.blogspot.com/2004/10/...neers-mde.html
http://alexdyb.blogspot.com/2005/01/...de-to-mdb.html

--
Alex Dybenko (MVP)
http://Alex.Dybenko.com

"T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
> database
> file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
> mdb file.

Jeff Conrad

      2nd Jun 2005
"T." wrote in message:
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE database
> file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
> mdb file.

Here is a past post of mine on this issue:

The queries and macros are natively importable from mde's into a new
database.

You can import all the forms and reports at one time using Serge
Gavrilov's free tool "MDE forms/reports extractor v1.1".
http://accesstools.narod.ru/.

Another link to try:
http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=1

And another option:
http://www.eurodownload.com/download...-Unlocker.html

More information here:
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/fa...possibleToConv

--
Jeff Conrad
Access Junkie

David C. Holley

      2nd Jun 2005
I would HIGHLY recommend finding the nearest Irish Pub and having
SEVERAL pints before reading on...

Once the MDE is created is can't be cracked open. If you've lost the
original mdb file, you're only option is to start from scratch.

T. wrote:
> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE database
> file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
> mdb file.

Nikos Yannacopoulos

      3rd Jun 2005
I haven't lost any of my .MDB's yet (touch wood), but I'll gladly take
the irish pub suggestion anytime :-)

David C. Holley wrote:
> I would HIGHLY recommend finding the nearest Irish Pub and having
> SEVERAL pints before reading on...
>
> Once the MDE is created is can't be cracked open. If you've lost the
> original mdb file, you're only option is to start from scratch.
>
> T. wrote:
>
>> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
>> database file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my
>> original unlocked mdb file.

Douglas J. Steele

      3rd Jun 2005
You mean your name is actually Nikos O'Yannacopoulos? <g>

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Nikos Yannacopoulos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I haven't lost any of my .MDB's yet (touch wood), but I'll gladly take the
>irish pub suggestion anytime :-)
>
> David C. Holley wrote:
>> I would HIGHLY recommend finding the nearest Irish Pub and having SEVERAL
>> pints before reading on...
>>
>> Once the MDE is created is can't be cracked open. If you've lost the
>> original mdb file, you're only option is to start from scratch.
>>
>> T. wrote:
>>
>>> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
>>> database file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my
>>> original unlocked mdb file.

David C. Holley

      4th Jun 2005
And you're Greek! That's disgusting to think that you'd take a pub over
a taverna. At least promise me you'll be ordering ouzo.

David H

Nikos Yannacopoulos wrote:
> I haven't lost any of my .MDB's yet (touch wood), but I'll gladly take
> the irish pub suggestion anytime :-)
>
> David C. Holley wrote:
>
>> I would HIGHLY recommend finding the nearest Irish Pub and having
>> SEVERAL pints before reading on...
>>
>> Once the MDE is created is can't be cracked open. If you've lost the
>> original mdb file, you're only option is to start from scratch.
>>
>> T. wrote:
>>
>>> Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
>>> database file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my
>>> original unlocked mdb file.

David C. Holley

      4th Jun 2005
That is ridiculous(sp), its Nikos McYannacopoulos of the clan
McYannacopoulas.

Slainte

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
> You mean your name is actually Nikos O'Yannacopoulos? <g>

Brendan Reynolds

      5th Jun 2005
That would be Scottish, David. Do they have Scottish Pubs? (Well, I guess
they do in Scotland! :-)

My father used to tell a silly joke about Timoshenco being an Irish name. I
forget most of it now, but the punch line was ... Tim O'Shea and Co! :-)

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...