Unique identifier need for Windows installation

Trea

      28th Aug 2003
Does anyone know what I could use as a unique identifier
for a particular installation of the OS. I need to
idenitify the actual installation as opposed to the box,
so that If there were multiple os's I can tell which one
it came from.

Any GUID or anything created on an installation ?

rgds,
Trea

Trea

      28th Aug 2003