Uninstalling a Program

Chuck E

      20th Jul 2008
Hello, I want to uninstall a program from Cyberlink. It is liisted in
Programs and Features as PowerDVD. When i select Uninstall I first get the
User Control Permission box and approve of it. Then there is a small box that
says somethng aobut installing hte installer for PowerDVD 8. Then after about
a minute that disappears and the Programs and Features apge has no notices on
it. Then a box about 1 1/2 X 2 inches appears with the word Error in the
upper left border. Below that, in the box, is a red circle with a white X
through it. Next to that are the words "Can't Load SKUtil.dll (sic). tthere
is OK below that and when it is clicked or time passes without actions hte
box vanishes and the uninstall process terminates. What can I do to get
around this roadblock? If I try to remove it from C: in computer I get a
notice that I'll have to have permission. I am already the only administrator
on the system, so how do I give myself elevated authority?

Colin Barnhorst

      20th Jul 2008
<Chuck> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I want to uninstall a program from Cyberlink. It is liisted in
> Programs and Features as PowerDVD. When i select Uninstall I first get the
> User Control Permission box and approve of it. Then there is a small box
> that
> says somethng aobut installing hte installer for PowerDVD 8. Then after
> about
> a minute that disappears and the Programs and Features apge has no notices
> on
> it. Then a box about 1 1/2 X 2 inches appears with the word Error in the
> upper left border. Below that, in the box, is a red circle with a white X
> through it. Next to that are the words "Can't Load SKUtil.dll (sic).
> tthere
> is OK below that and when it is clicked or time passes without actions hte
> box vanishes and the uninstall process terminates. What can I do to get
> around this roadblock? If I try to remove it from C: in computer I get a
> notice that I'll have to have permission. I am already the only
> administrator
> on the system, so how do I give myself elevated authority?

Try running Uninstall a Program elevated.

Click Start and type "appwiz.cpl" in Start/Search but do not hit Enter. You
will see the icon at the top of the menu. Right click on it and choose Run
As Administrator. Try uninstalling PowerDVD.