Uninstall Quick Time no Uninstall Option

purplehaz

      13th Jan 2004
I think you need to first reinstall quick time from their website and then
it should show in add/remove in control panel. You should then be able to
set tis options to not stay in the task tray, or use msconfig to stop it
from starting, or uninstall it.

Bill Harvey wrote:
> The Quick Time Movie player icon is always present in my task bar I
> have tried to select preferences to stop it starting when I boot my
> PC but I cannot access the preferences it won't let me, so I thought
> I would uninstall it and re install it to correct the problem.
>
> The program does not have an uninstall icon anywhere, it does not
> appear in Add/Remove in the control panel.
>
> I have looked at programs like Add/Remove plus but they are only good
> for programs installed after Add/Remove plus has been installed, I
> need something that will scan my system and look at everything on it
> and allow me to uninstall these stubborn programs.
>
> Hope someone can help
>
> Bill HE

Bill Harvey

      13th Jan 2004

--
"It's best to know what your looking for before you start"

E Mail http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Remove spam to mail
Home Page http://bill_harvey.bei.t-online.de/home%20page.htm

Arn

      13th Jan 2004

"Bill Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu1fga$44m$00$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> The Quick Time Movie player icon is always present in my task bar I have
> tried to select preferences to stop it starting when I boot my PC but I
> cannot access the preferences it won't let me, so I thought I would
> uninstall it and re install it to correct the problem.
>
> The program does not have an uninstall icon anywhere, it does not appear

in
> Add/Remove in the control panel.
>
> I have looked at programs like Add/Remove plus but they are only good for
> programs installed after Add/Remove plus has been installed, I need
> something that will scan my system and look at everything on it and allow

me
> to uninstall these stubborn programs.
>
> Hope someone can help

Wipe the disk and install Fedora with Xwindows 11:

http://fedora.redhat.com/

8^)

Alternatively, right click on the system tray Quick Time icon and select
"Browser Plug-in" from th epull-down menu.

(Or see Quick Time Settings in Control Pannel)

Uncheck "System tray icon," and the system tray icon disappears. (I just did
this and it worked both ways. Check it again and it is restored to the
tray.)

Please let me know if this helps.