Uninstall 5.0 and replace with 4.7

Andrew

      24th Oct 2003
Hi. I've encountered problems receiving audio during
NetMeeting sessions. I'm running XP Pro and have seen the
notes on going back to 4.7 as a possible solution. Thus,
I want to uninstall 5.0 and replace with 4.7. However, I
can't find windows messenger 5.0 in the add/remove
application.

Thanks.
Andrew

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      24th Oct 2003
Greetings Andrew,

I assume you just mean the audio component within Messenger itself? Just to clarify, besides
a 'Start Netmeeting' option you can get to appear within Windows Messenger, Messenger has
nothing to do with Netmeeting.

Both 5.0 and 4.7 use the same audio engine, so I'm unsure why you would be seeing this (or
even where you found going back to 4.7 as a solution). However, if you really want to try
this, click Start, then Run, type (or copy/paste) the following:
msiexec.exe /x {ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B4314B10138}
and then click OK.

Then, you can reinstall Windows Messenger 4.7 from here:
http://g.msn.com/5meen_us/121?plcid=0409
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

news:00ba01c39a5a$5a072e20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I've encountered problems receiving audio during
> NetMeeting sessions. I'm running XP Pro and have seen the
> notes on going back to 4.7 as a possible solution. Thus,
> I want to uninstall 5.0 and replace with 4.7. However, I
> can't find windows messenger 5.0 in the add/remove
> application.
>
> Thanks.
> Andrew

Andrew

      24th Oct 2003
The audio stream is missing on both Messenger and
NetMeeting. I've been concentrating more on NetMeeting
and will probably rely on it more for business
applications. Thus, would appreciate any insight into
resolving the audio issue. I'm running Win XP Pro on
laptop and using an integrated minipci to connect to the
DLINK router (714P+) to share the Internet connection.
Many Thanks!

message
>news:00ba01c39a5a$5a072e20$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi. I've encountered problems receiving audio during
>> NetMeeting sessions. I'm running XP Pro and have seen

the
>> notes on going back to 4.7 as a possible solution.

Thus,
>> I want to uninstall 5.0 and replace with 4.7. However,

>> can't find windows messenger 5.0 in the add/remove
>> application.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Andrew

>.

camshaft

      28th Oct 2003
Just reinstall 4.7 (mmsetup.exe) & it will ask to remove v 5.0, then
automatically reinstall 4.7.

4.7 is available for download on the Microsoft Downloads page.

news:025201c39a66$35585930$(E-Mail Removed)...