uncompile functions in vb ?

James

      10th Mar 2006
i m using symantec anti-virus product and i need to access the machine
registry to get the pattern date. Using .net 2003, i m able to retrieve the
registry. However retrieving the registry shows only the HEX and DEC value
which is *not understood by human logic*.

An eg in HEX is 20D213.
An eg in DEC is 2150931.

I ask symantec to *translate* the above values for me and they send me a
DecodeVDB.exe tool written by their team. I believe the algorithms is listed
inside the exe file.

Is there a way which i can *SEE* the algorithm, so that i can code it in my
..net 2003 program ?

Is there a tool to uncompile the exe file ? Or does anyone happen to know
symantec algorithm on translating signature pattern date ?

Claes Bergefall

      10th Mar 2006
Download .NET Reflector from http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet
It will allow you to decompile any .NET assembly

/claes

news:uX511z%(E-Mail Removed)...