Unable to delete Rows in Excel

RichK

      21st Jul 2004
Question,
I have a user that uses Excel XP and she has a really
strange situation. For some reason the spreadsheet she
created has made itself have 65536 rows and goes all the
way out to like IF or something for the columns. And it
is making the file HUGE. She only uses 120 rows at the
moment and would like to remove the extra rows and
columns. We highlighted all the columns then
right click-delete but they don't disappear. Also when
she tries to add a row she can't because she recieves an
error that says unable to add more rows spreadsheet is
full.

Any ideas would be helpful.

thanks,
Rich

Ron de Bruin

      21st Jul 2004
Read the answers in your other thread please

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"RichK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:161f01c46f35$fea4a790$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Question,
> I have a user that uses Excel XP and she has a really
> strange situation. For some reason the spreadsheet she
> created has made itself have 65536 rows and goes all the
> way out to like IF or something for the columns. And it
> is making the file HUGE. She only uses 120 rows at the
> moment and would like to remove the extra rows and
> columns. We highlighted all the columns then
> right click-delete but they don't disappear. Also when
> she tries to add a row she can't because she recieves an
> error that says unable to add more rows spreadsheet is
> full.
>
> Any ideas would be helpful.
>
> thanks,
> Rich

RichK

      21st Jul 2004
I dont see my other thread. What page is it on?

Ron de Bruin

      21st Jul 2004
This is my answer in this thread.

Hi RichK

You can only hide rows.
Look at this page to fix your problem

Read this also
************************
Better use a Newsreader like OE.
Read this from Dave Peterson

'***************************************************

You may want to connect to the MS newsgroups directly.

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut...e_ng/index.htm

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"RichK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:15dc01c46f39$c0563270$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I dont see my other thread. What page is it on?

      21st Jul 2004
What the heck - someone deleted my first response -
I'm serious i can't see the other Post you are refferring
too. I see this post and i have went back three pages
and i dont see it.

RichK

      21st Jul 2004
Thanks Ron i will take a look at the link. Sorry for the
confusion that i seem to be casuing myself - LOL

mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.htm